I got this recipe from another blog (link here) and made them twice already and love them heaps. So I thought I would share it here as the recipe is in Swedish. The original recipe has mint, which I’m not such a big fan of mint and chocolate so I remove it out. Otherwise, if you want to add it, the recipe called for 5 ml of peppermint oil.
Just so you know, the chocolate content is quite high, so they do come out having a dark and strong bitter taste, which I like as I like to have super sweet cream to go with it, so in that way it gets balanced out.
The only thing is there are a lot of decimal points in the recipe but one day i’ll try to adjust it so it’s more rounded of.
- 2,3 dl soya milk (or your milk of choice)
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1,8 dl caster sugar
- 0,75 dl rapeseed oil (or whatever you normally use)
- 1/4 teaspoon ml of vanilla powder
- 2,3 dl wheat flour
- 0,8 dl cacao powder
- 3/4 tsp ml bicarbonate of soda
- 2,5 ml baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Pre-heat oven to 175 degrees celsius
- You’ll need two bowls: one for the liquids and one for the dry ingredients.
- In one of the bowls, whisk the soya milk and vinegar together and set a side for a few minutes. Then add sugar, oil, vanilla powder and whisk together.
- In the other bowl, mix flour, cacao, bicarbonate of soda, baking powder and salt.
- Make a well in the middle of the flour mixture and pour the liquids from the other bowl and whisk till combined.
- Place 7-10 (depending on size) cupcake paper forms on a tray and fill them 3/4 of the way with cupcake batter.
- Place in oven and bake for 20 min or till done.
Makes 7 large muffins
Tips for serving: Combine icing sugar and vegan cream and fresh strawberries